Monday, March 14, 2011

My not-Flag Day: Vacation time!



Guatemala!

Maybe it was the fact that the 159th had their Flag Day on Friday (and still waiting for all the results to start surfacing on the blogs...), or maybe it was the fact that I've been listening to too much Mana and Juanes, or maybe it was the fact that it was pay day, but not matter the reason, what it boils down to is: I'm going to Guatemala on Saturday!

With two weeks off before A-100 and the very likely prospect of spending two years in a compound in Saudi Arabia looming ahead, I can't think of a better treat to myself and a better way to spend this little vacation I find myself having. This week is going to be spent with my Lonley Planet, figuring out what exactly I'm going to do in Guatemala when I get there, then a couple days of catching up with some old friends, off for a whirlwind 6 days in Guatemala, and back to DC with enough time to unwind, meet my colleagues at some happy hours, and then head off the work at State the following Monday.

I'm crazy excited!!!

Anyone with Guatemala travel experience please share some suggestions with me!

3 comments:

  1. Hi I'm a FS hopeful and came across your blog.

    Here's my recommendations:
    3 day trek to tikal
    lake atitlan
    Antigua
    Chichicastenango
    pacaya lava/volcano hike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun. Antigua is definitely worth seeing and experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 years in a compound on Saudi? Sounds like where I'm going :) Alf mabrook on A-100 and let me know if you ever have any questions

    ReplyDelete