Saturday, April 23, 2011

T-6

In 6 days I'll know where I'm going to spend the next two years of my life.

But before that, let's catch up on the last several weeks!

1) Bid list: done and done. I rethought my preferences, went with my gut, and got it submitted. Now it's out of my hands, and I'm trying to forget how I ranked everything. As far as I'm concerned, right now everything's a high and I'm going to be happy with whatever they hand me on Friday.

2) Offsite! The vibrant members of the 160th had a great 2-night trip out in rural America that we are now safely recovered from. Let's just say our esprit d'corps is sky high.

3) Socializing to the max: It's great having 88 new friends eager to go out around town and try new things. In the past few weeks, I've gone to a pub quiz, Moroccan restaurant complete with belly dancing, market shopping, and more happy hours than I can count. My wallet is feeling the pinch, my kitchen misses me, but I'm definitely glad to get to spend time with my amazing classmates, many of whom will be jetting off in the coming months.

Okay, so hopefully you, like me, are focused on nothing else in the universe expect next Friday. Flag day, flag day! The course coordinators are doing a great job of keeping us busy this week, but I'm sure that the days will just be dragging on and on. So I'll just keep singing....


Flag day, flag day gonna find out on flag day
Everyone's looking forward to their posting, posting

In other news, looks like we'll have a new group of A-100ers at FSI next month afterall! Congrats to everyone who just got invites to the 161st.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear where you are headed....it is a magical day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, fellow vibrant member of the 160th. :)

    ReplyDelete