Monday, December 27, 2010

"Your investigation is currently pending in the investigative stage"

Today is target completion day, and it seems that DS has missed the mark. C'est la vie. Honestly, I'll be happy if my investigation is done by January 27th. It's just hard not to want things to move quickly and be foolishly optimistic about it getting done soon.

I've also probably managed to really slow things down. Part of the process requires you list all of your international travel, including dates, companions, itinerary, etc. I've done a lot of traveling in my life- so recalling on the trips, while a fun walk down memory lane, was a bit more difficult than I had expected. A couple days after my interview with DS, I realized I had forgotten about my Christmas visit to Ireland last year. Today, I realized that a friend and I had gone up to Vancouver for a few days in college. Despite the amount I enjoy calling that country up there "America Junior", it is, technically, not part of our country and therefore should have been on my international trips list. I just emailed my investigator to let him know, and who knows how much delay this has caused. Luckily, the friend that I went up there with was one of my contacts and was interviewed by DC already. My only worry is inconsistency: either she told them about it months ago and it seems like I was hiding it, or now I've told them about something she didn't mention and it reduces her credibility. I hope they realized that "Canada" just really isn't that exciting to two girls who spent high school in Europe and, therefore, they are perfectly justified in forgetting about it entirely, honestly.

So we'll see. Hopefully it doesn't add tooo much time to the investigation. Updates will continue to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment