Sunday, November 14, 2010

Under investigation!

I never thought I would be happy, let alone this happy, to be under investigation by the federal government. But upon getting a voice mail from a diplomatic security investigator early in the week I *may* have done a happy jig in the office.

Knowing how long this whole process could take, I'm pumped that it's officially underway and people are doing their work on my file. So far three of my references have been contacted, two have already done their interviews.

I'm getting nervous, of course, about one little red-flag item I have on my record. It's nothing hidden, I was completely honest about my history in my file, but being completely honest means not hiding the stupidly idiotic and really minor things that may have occurred in college. Hopefully the adjudications board will be able to look at the incident in light of the bigger picture and not have a problem with it, but I'm sure it's going to add time to the process.

Can't do anything about that one now, so time to sit back and be investigated!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing the OA. I have added you to my blogroll of future FS blogs at http://lifeafterjerusalem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad to be part of the club!

    ReplyDelete